Building a DraftKings Call of Duty roster is an exciting process, with many variables to consider along the way. Do you focus on picking 1-2 high price players, or build a full team of average to balance out? In this guide we’ve put together our best tips to put together a winning roster.
For those not familiar with DraftKings Fantasy Call of Duty, you are allocated a salary cap and have to put together a roster that will rack up points. Each player and team has a cost associated based on their recent performance and thus their statistical likelihood to earn you points. At the end of the time period, the top performing players will take home a share of the prizepool.
Fantasy Call of Duty from DraftKings is a really enjoyable way to show off your Call of Duty knowledge and prove your ability to spot which teams and players are performing well, and also get a little lucky along the way.
So how does it work? Well, in a nutshell:
- Select 1 Captain, 4 FLEX, and 1 Team while staying under the $50,000 salary cap.
- Players score points for kills, bomb plants/defuses (S&D), captures, and capture time (1 pt. per 10 seconds).
- Teams score points for match and game wins as well as wins for S&D rounds.
It’s as simple as that really. But how can you make sure that you’re giving yourself the best chance to earn points? There are a few ways you can do this, but you can maximise your point-earning potential by following a few easy steps:
- Teams earn points for winning matches and earning points, so it’s important to pick a team that wins a solid number of rounds. You can save money by picking teams that have a high round win record, even if their overall league wins are low (for example, if they regularly lose 2-3).
- When picking your captain, pick someone that consistently plays well and is a pivotal player of the team. Captains can earn big points by being the player to plant or defuse a bomb, but high deaths can drag you down. Simp, from Atlanta FaZe, and GodRX, from RØKKR, are our two current favourite picks.
- FLEX players will make up the majority of your points when bundled together, but may be an after thought when assigning your budget. Keep a track of our Call of Duty tips to see which players we rate highly ahead of matches to find a diamond in the rough. The goal of picking a strong FLEX roster is to pick players that haven’t been performing well recently, but are due for a comeback game.
- Keep an eye on the official DraftKings Playbook that offers tips and insights for high performing players and bargain picks.
I hope this introductory guide has helped, but the key is to enjoy playing in a Fantasy Call of Duty league, picking your favourite players and cheering along whilst watching. If you’re got a roster you’re proud of, paste it in below and share the love!